Serving Crawford County With Style
Crawford County, Missouri
Crawford County Commission
NOTICE COMMITTEE DIRECTOR APPOINTMENT
Posted July 9, 2012
Crawford County is currently accepting application for the volunteer position of Crawford County Emergency Planning Coordinator. The following list includes, but is not limited to, the basic responsibilities of the position:
· Develop and maintain liaisons with municipalities, county departments, and similar entities to facilitate plan development, response effort coordination, and exchanges of personnel and equipment.
· Propose alteration of emergency response procedures based on regulatory changes, technological changes, or knowledge gained from outcomes of previous emergency situations.
· Collaborate with other officials to prepare and analyze damage assessments following disasters or emergencies.
· Coordinate disaster response or crisis management activities, such as ordering evacuations, opening public shelters, and implementing special needs plans and programs.
· Develop instructional materials for the public and make presentations to citizens' groups to provide information on emergency plans and their implementation process.
· Train local groups in the preparation of long-term plans that are compatible with federal and state plans.
· Keep informed of federal, state, and local regulations affecting emergency plans and ensure that plans adhere to these regulations.
· Apply for federal funding for emergency management related needs and administer and report on the progress of such grants.
· Attend meetings, conferences, and workshops related to emergency management to learn new information and to develop working relationships with other emergency management specialists.
· Prepare emergency situation status reports that describe response and recovery efforts, needs, and preliminary damage assessments.
· Review emergency plans of individual organizations, such as medical facilities, to ensure their adequacy.
· Consult with officials of local and area governments, schools, hospitals, and other institutions to determine their needs and capabilities in the event of a natural disaster or other emergency.
· Keep informed of activities or changes that could affect the likelihood of an emergency, as well as those that could affect response efforts and details of plan implementation.
· Maintain and update all resource materials associated with emergency preparedness plans.
· Conduct surveys to determine the types of emergency-related needs to be addressed in disaster planning or provide technical support to others conducting such surveys.
· Design and administer emergency or disaster preparedness training courses that teach people how to effectively respond to major emergencies and disasters.
· Prepare plans that outline operating procedures to be used in response to disasters or emergencies, such as hurricanes, nuclear accidents, and terrorist attacks, and in recovery from these events.
· Inventory and distribute nuclear, biological, and chemical detection and contamination equipment, providing instruction in its maintenance and use.
· Study emergency plans used elsewhere to gather information for plan development.
The position is a non-paid, Commission appointed, volunteer role within Crawford County, Missouri. Expenses pertaining to the execution of required duties will not be compensated by the Crawford County Commission. NIMS training required at applicant’s own expense.
Applications are requested to be submitted to Leo Sanders, Crawford County Presiding Commissioner. Please call 1-573-775-2376 or mail to PO Box AS, Steelville, MO 65565, by July 23, 2012 to be considered for the appointment. Interviews will be conducted during an open Commission Meeting on July 24, 2012.
Home Contact Us Service List Calendar Elected Officials Related Links